- Performs cleaning duties and/or linen distribution in the hospital and/or Medical Office Building under the supervision of the supervisor of Environmental Services.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Primarily a standing position with extensive walking. Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds. Frequent pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, reaching and squatting. Intermittent climbing and kneeling. Moderate amount of time lifting above shoulder level. Repetitive hand and wrist motions and good manual dexterity. Ability to write legibly. Good eye-hand coordination and fine motor skills. Keen sense of smell. Ability to deal with frequent interruptions. Vision corrected to 20/20. Ability to hear from 8 feet.
- Education: High School diploma preferred but not required.
- License/Certifications: N/A.
- Experience: N/A.
- Ability to interpret instructions orally and written.
- Meets physical requirements:
- Performs all duties in accordance with specific schedules, infection control guidelines, modified only with supervisor’s approval
- Demonstrates flexibility of assignment according to need
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to the philosophy, objectives and policies of the organization.
- Appears well groomed and neatly dressed
- Attends all mandatory meetings (e.g. Staff, Mandatory Ed., and Drills)
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and co-workers.
- Understands and demonstrates good body mechanics for all tasks.
- Assists with the orientation of new personnel as requested.
- Utilizes equipment and supplies effectively and in a fiscally responsible manner; reports malfunctions to Supervisor
- Upholds excellent guest relations with patient, visitors and staff.
- General Cleaning of Clinical and Non-Clinical Areas (Hospital Departments or Physician’s Suites)*
- Stocking servers
- High dusting.
- Sanitizing furniture and ledges.
- Bathroom cleaning, including commodes.
- Trash removal
- Linen removal
- Biohazard removal
- Dry mop floor
- Wet mop floor
- Vacuum carpets
- Cleaning of refrigerators, telephones, whirlpool tubs, microwaves, and any medical equipment that may be used in patient care (eg. BP cuff, IV pump).
- Inspection of room prior to leaving.
- *(includes patient rooms, exam rooms, diagnostic areas, ancillary areas: nurses’ stations, kitchens, utility rooms, storage rooms, showers, offices, etc.)
- Terminal Cleaning of O.R.’s
- Complete sanitizing of all exposed surfaces(horizontal & vertical)
- Sanitizing of all fixtures, furniture, equipment and floor
- Observes dress code for O.R. staff
- Linen Distribution
- Distribute linen to hospital, MOB, and satellite departments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supportive Assistance for Patients
- Clears patient bedside tray and table in preparation for meals.
- Assist in delivery of patient meals
- Assists with retrieval of trays once meal is completed and returns trays to the cart in the hall.
- Assist in refreshing and tidying patient rooms.
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Job assignments are specific and routinely performed under general supervision and require minimal problem solving. Unique situations are referred to supervisor.