The position is visible to the hospital’s business service lines and serves as a liaison between IT and those groups. This position also functions as a team member responsible for providing application(s) configuration support to enhance department’s operational efficiencies/ workflow needs. Duties include:
- This position will support Kronos/Payroll Time & Attendance application.
- Supports major enterprise applications and others as assigned.
- Leads design of business workflow in conjunction with the business units and provides guidance to Application Analysts in designing improved efficiencies, solving complex workflow issues and incorporating quality initiatives.
- Leads needs assessment, software design, implementation, support, and reporting.
- Leads unit and integrated testing of the software to ensure that the design objectives are met.
- Identifies complex testing scenarios, develops test scripts, and validates testing results
- Maintains high degree of understanding of departments’ business processes.
- Owns specific functionality and processes; responsible for all configuration, testing, and communication regarding this functionality/process.
- Troubleshoots application issues, without assistance, to resolution.
- Troubleshoots system hardware, as needed.
- Partners with end users to understand workflow and business processes.
- Oversees system security for assigned applications.
- Manages Disaster Recovery and Back Up requirements for assigned systems and provides guidance to Applications Analysts in activities.
- Acts as the team project lead in partnership with the Project Management Office on all phases of a project; from scoping and design through implementation and transition to Operations.
- Mentors Application Analysts.
- Produces and maintains custom reports; maintains knowledge and experience with industry standard report writers such as Crystal Reports.
- Reviews and approves end-user training materials and participates in training efforts.
- Guides other team members to ensure high documentation standards.
- Leads escalation of issues with appropriate resources.
- Develops policies and procedures in collaboration with the business unit, other team members, and IT management team.
- Independently manages components of application upgrades, testing, troubleshooting, and support efforts.
- Supports/troubleshoots inbound/outbound interfaces as appropriate.
- Creates reports as needed and works problem tickets.
- Evaluates and maintains appropriate system documentation.
- Collaborates with other application and clinical analysts to ensure system integrations.
- Serves as primary customer contact for on and off-hours application support.
- Participates in change management activities to support successful system deployments and enhancements.
- Utilizes and maintains appropriate change control procedures and standards.
- Creates reports, dashboards, and other analytical tools to support customer base.
- Prepares detailed flowcharts/diagrams to assist with design decisions and problem analysis.
- Leads the design of business workflow in conjunction with the business departments; workflows will focus on improved efficiencies, as well as incorporating quality initiatives.
- Assists with data collection from business subject matter experts, to facilitate design which will represent an improved business workflow.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*This role may encounter Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of regular responsibilities. UH employees must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain PHI for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.
Experience & Knowledge:
- 4+ years of experience supporting applications required.
- Experience in a healthcare setting is highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team environment is required.
- Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment required.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization is required.
- Knowledge of MS Office required.
- Project management experience/skills preferred.
- Business workflow redesign experience a desired.
Experience working with business applications such as:
- Patient Scheduling systems
- Hospital or Physician Revenue Cycle systems
- Data Warehousing
- SQL Server/SSIS
- Enterprise Scanning and workflow management Applications
- Bed Management Applications
- Finance Applications
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
- Knowledge of SQL databases required.
- Knowledge of LAN, DNS, and networking required.
- Ability to work with servers and apply software upgrades required.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and backup procedures required.
- Knowledge and experience with HL7 Interfaces required.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL based applications required.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards desired.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.