Join the team to help support the growing requests for in home healthcare in Cumberland County!
- Position Summary
- The Home Care RN supports MaineHealth Care at Home's (MHCAH) mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both MHCAH and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Home Care RN provides highly reliable, evidenced based, patient-family centered quality care through assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an outpatient, and/or community basis.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers.
- Current, valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle, with vehicle available for work covered by liability insurance as specified by agency policy.
- Basic knowledge of the research base, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and health care team members.
- Analytical ability sufficient to identify changes in patients' conditions and to initiate appropriate action.
Why Work Here
MaineHealth Care at Home has brought together the best in home health offering our patients and families the highest level of compassionate care. While we are an ideal career choice for those who can excel in an autonomous/independent work environment, our success is dependent on the cooperation and collaboration of all employees.
With us, you will be part of a group of professionals who excel in customer service, communication and teamwork. We value employee participation and contribution, respecting each other's expertise, ability, judgment and opinions. And whether you join us in a full-time, part-time or per diem capacity, we offer resources and opportunities to help you meet your full potential both personally and professionally.
Living in Southern Maine or Mid-Coast Maine is another appealing reason to join the Team at MaineHealth Care at Home. Recognized as a premier vacation destination, there is a wealth of outdoor activities, with proximity to the legendary Maine coastline, lakes, rivers, mountains, and countless acres of open forest land.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. In both employment and admission practices, we do not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status or lifestyle.