In a Per Diem capacity – Previous experience in an RN, Case Management / Utilization Review role is vital.
- Position Summary
- Patient-focused coordination, negotiation, and procurement of necessary resources to address all identified areas of need for facilitation of achievement of quality, cost-effective outcomes. Acts as a patient advocate through collaboration with the patient and the interdisciplinary staff, internal and external to the organization. Through this collaboration, the individual's needs are assessed, goals formulated, and a plan of care implemented, monitored, evaluated and modified for positive outcomes. Actively participates in quality improvement and performance improvement processes related to the management of patient care and safety, and utilization of healthcare resources.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Registered Nurse Licensure from the Maine State Board of Nursing required.
- Bachelors Degree or matriculation in a Bachelor's Degree program preferred.
- Five years of acute care clinical setting nursing experience preferred.
- Is responsible for maintaining a current knowledge of the nursing practices contemporary to the legal framework of the Nurses Practice Act, and in accordance with regulatory requirements and
- Knowledge and experience in discharge planning, case management and utilization review preferred.
- Interest and experience in research through review and use of evidence-based practice preferred.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.