The Internal Medicine Medical Assistant performs selected clinical and clerical duties that assist in patient care working within WCHC’s Medical Assistant Scope of Practice.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant through NCCA accredited program; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous medical office experience helpful.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical office procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, and applications with necessary typing or computer skills.
- Within 24 months of hire, must complete education and meet other certification requirements to successfully complete National Healthcare Association’s Clinical Medical Assistant Certification. (Certification required as per CMS credentialed Medical Assistant ruling.)
- Current CNA certificate; or MA certification through an NCCA accredited program preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers; ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.