Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this position manages the Medical Center's and MaineHealth's sponsored projects accounting enterprise, including the MMC Research Institute. The Manager is responsible for the recording, reporting, and interpretation of financial data and information as well as leading the budget process and monthly variance reporting.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Knowledge of accounting principles and accounting systems to maintain general ledgers and journals and prepare related financial statements and reports as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in accounting and three to five years of progressive accounting experience.
- License/Certifications: CPA certificate preferred.
- Experience: Previous supervisory experience required.
- Grant financial administration and compliance knowledge, including accounting principles, OASC-3, and A-133 knowledge required.
- Computer literacy is required. Extensive knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products preferred. Experience with Lawson products preferred.
- Analytical skills necessary to prepare, reconcile, and analyze financial statements and reports.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts and principles of technical accounting pronouncements and fund accounting.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective on-going relationships and communications with various constituencies within and external to the organizations.
- Ability to speak and write effectively; communicating clearly through work paper schedules, memoranda, financial reports, and discussions with Medical Center personnel.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when reviewing ledgers and preparing detailed financial and statistical reports.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines