The MA Care Coordinator is responsible for helping to coordinate the organization’s clinical care management and Population Health activities, including care transitions activities to help improve the care outcomes for eligible at-risk patients. Our goal is to enhance the patient experience, improve quality and reduce costs for a patient’s care and care transitions. Responsible for supporting primary and specialty care objectives in outreach to our patients, coordination of care with Care Managers, and proactively creating relationships with providers and patients to ensure optimal health and wellness for our patient population.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: Applicants must have graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program with completion of 160 hours clinical experience acquired through an externship. Acceptable equivalent criteria minimum of 2 years clinical experience in a multi-physician medical practice.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office.
- BLS certification preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, care team members and leadership.
- Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
- Organizational and critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize workload and maintain a flexible problem solving approach. Knowledge of community resources preferred.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image even under stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must complete most duties with minimum direct supervision.
- Some experience with Microsoft Office suite; knowledge of EPIC electronic medical record system preferred.
- Knowledgeable in use of general office equipment including computer and typing skills.