Conducts routine audits of specific operations requiring the development of data, interpretation of intangible or unusual factors, summarization of findings and presentation of recommendations and suggestions.
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Business or Healthcare related field.
- Must have a minimum of eighteen hours of college level Accounting courses.
- Must have two years of previous operational & financial audit experience in a healthcare environment; OR,
- Must have four years of progressively responsible experience doing operational and financial audits in an internal audit environment; OR
- Must have four years of progressively responsible experience in a healthcare environment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a good listener, be flexible, be able to balance multiple projects, and possess good business and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to write a finding in a clear and concise audit report.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- Must be proficient with Personal Computer, spreadsheet, communications, flow charting and word-processing software.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare