Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization''s vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient''s age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
1. Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
2. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
4. Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
5. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
6. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience:
Two years of experiencee as a Registed Nurse required, preferably in a hospital based acute care setting.
1. Current Texas or compact RN license to practice in the State of Texas.
2. Current CPR training program required.
3. Current ACLS obtained within 6 months of being in the position for critical care, Labor and Delivery and Antepartum areas.
4. Current NPR training program obtained within 6 months of being in the position for the following areas: Mother/Baby, Well Baby Nursery, Labor and Delivery, and Antepartum.
5. Current PALS training program obtained within 6 months of being in the position for the following areas: Endoscopy, Emergency, Cath Lab/Interventional Radiology, Operating Room, Recovery and Ambulatory Surgical Unit.
6. TNCC or ATCN obtained within 1 year of being in the position for the following areas: Emergency, ICU, IMCU, Neuro ICU and Recovery.
7. ENPC obtained within 1 year of being in the position for Emergency department.
C. Education and Training
Bachelor degree in Nursing required.
El Paso, Texas, United States