Summary Founded in 1995, Maine Medical Partners is Maine’s largest multi-specialty medical group, providing a wide range of primary, specialty and sub-specialty care through a network of more than 40 locations in and around Greater Portland. We pride ourselves on improving the health of our community through excellence in clinical care, education and research.
Position is responsible for operating X-ray and fluoroscopic equipment that assist radiologists and/or physicians with diagnosing and /or treating disease and/or injury.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
1. Education: Associates degree in radiological technology from accredited x-ray technician program.
2. License/Certifications: Registration by the American Registry of Radiological Technologist. Licensure by the State of Maine. Current BLS
3. Experience: One to three years of experience as x-ray technician, preferably in medical practice environment.
4. Knowledge of x-ray procedures and protocols.
5. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform x-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
6. Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology.
7. Skill in positioning patients properly.
8. Skill in identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying supervisor.
9. Skill in infection control and radiological safety procedures.
10. Ability to notice detail in drawings and differences in shapes and shadings.
11. Ability to apply written instructions and standardized work practices.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality.