Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition in the department of Talent Management at Parkland Health & Hospital Services, this position works in a highly collaborative manner with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to understand the objectives and staffing needs of the departments supported. This position develops and executes customized sourcing and recruiting strategies generating a pipeline of qualified candidates for current, and future, non-exempt and exempt staff positions. This position is responsible for the full life cycle of the recruitment process in accordance with established standards. Incumbents will also be required to manage required documentation of the process. The position works closely with hiring managers in creating skilled and diverse candidate pools and assists in making the best hiring decision for each search. The position also acts as a Parkland representative at job fairs and external networking activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous Medical (Healthcare and/or Hospital) recruiting of Nursing and/or Allied Health professionals highly desired
- Two (2) years or greater of full life cycle recruiting (job posting, sourcing candidates, resume review, interview scheduling, calibration meetings, offer process management and onboarding) experience required
- Two (2) years or greater direct experience managing client relationships and delivering staffing results in a fast-paced environment required
- Two (2) years or greater of Applicant Tracking System (ATS) tool experience
- One (1) year or greater experience with MS Office and other technologies
– Experience working in a data/metrics driven performance management environment
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted for both the education and the experience requirements
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must possess the ability to maintain ongoing knowledge of Parkland policy and procedures, federal and state laws regarding employment practices and provide updates to Talent Acquisition, HR Staff and department leadership.
- Must possess the ability to develop and maintain a strategic relationship with clients, HR Business Partners, Leadership & Organizational Development, and other HR functions.
- Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable and professional manner on the phone and in person; and demonstrate the use of good written and verbal communication skills. - Must possess the ability to interact with peers, executives, and others in a manner that represents Parkland positively.
- Must possess the ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner.
- Must possess the ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must possess the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects and to prioritize.
- Prefer familiarity with PeopleSoft Talent Acquisition/Management solution.
1. Seasoned professional; continuously improves on processes and systems that may require understanding of multiple job areas/departments or specialties
2. Works to achieve operational, functional, and/or business targets with direct impact on departmental results
3. Requires advanced knowledge of job area, typically obtained through advanced education and experience
4. Conducts and coordinates recruiting and selection activities to meet the needs of the organization. Serves as primary recruiting and point-of-contact to assigned department managers. Manages and maintains a scalable, repeatable, and measurable recruitment/staffing process and methodology with managers to ensure hiring goals are met.
5. Manages projects as assigned by director for development and learning opportunity. Projects may include coordination of internship hiring, management of interns/volunteers for HR Division, managing sourcing or referral campaigns, Target Selection or other LOD training programs, directing day to day activities of the Sourcing Specialist, serving as mentor to new hires, and/or managing key vendor relationships.
6. Confers with senior management to identify personnel needs, workforce planning strategies and search assignments to ensure an understanding of job duties, responsibilities and business requirements. Visits all hiring-manager departments to develop a thorough understanding of the department culture and uses that understanding to recruit. Participates in the development of ongoing and creative cost- effective sourcing strategies.
7. Develops strategic plans for recruitment and workforce planning and special reports for Talent Acquisition and Parkland to optimize healthcare services, enhance new programs/projects and educate both internal and external customers.
8. Develops and maintains relationships with universities offer degree programs in the following areas: Nursing, Allied Health, Pharmacy, Computer Technology, Billing, Coding, etc., to ensure success with recruitment efforts.
9. Maintains a positive working relationship with all Parkland internal and external customers, employees, etc. Serves as a resource person for recruiters, HR Business Partners and other healthcare team members.
10. Facilitates orientation and training for newly hired recruiters to include all aspects of recruitment function, processes and procedures, applicable labor laws, immigration policy and PeopleSoft applicant tracking system. Serves as a resource person for specific human resource related issues. Accompanies new recruiters to career fairs and annual conventions for training purposes.
11. Supports growth and development in supporting communities by actively recruiting eligible applicants from within these communities to ensure Parkland-s employee population reflects the diversity of its patients.
12. Manages the marketing of Parkland employment opportunities by attending job fairs, career days, conferences, etc., and developing and distributing promotional materials to promote widespread public awareness of career opportunities at Parkland.
13. Proactively manages risk by ensuring knowledge and compliance of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the Talent Acquisition department. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
14. Creates reports and presentations as requested for intra-/intra-departmental use to include gathering and analyzing data for work with HR Business Partner, trends in hiring including market conditions, social media and completion evaluation, etc., to ensure the data/information needed to make sound business decisions as needed.
15. Conducts internal audits of HR documentation, immigration documents and personnel files to ensure accuracy.
16. Coordinates and plans monthly, quarterly and annual recruitment and Talent Acquisition activities.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Manager, Medical, Pharmacy, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Management, Healthcare