$1000 Sign-on Bonus for new hires with at least two years of experience in acute care!
- A great opportunity with a close-knit team; the rural hospital setting offers a variety of cases and interesting work for circulating and pacu RNs, with opportunity for continued growth in volume and skill.
- The Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates total nursing care for patients ranging in age from children to the elderly, as appropriate to discipline. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other members of the health care team in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice. OR RNs work closely with surgeons of all specialties, anesthetists and surgical techs in a fast-paced environment. The variety of cases ensures constant learning and maintenance of variety of skills.
- This is a full time, 40-hour per week position: weekday shifts plus call every 4th weekend.
- Exceptional MaineHealth benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, retirement with employer match, paid time off, paid family leave, tuition assistance, and more!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- License/Certifications: Active State of NH or Compact nursing license. Current BCLS required for all. ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire. Other certifications specific to department policies may be required.
- Experience: Minimum two years' experience as a med surg RN; in addition, prior circulating and pacu experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing processes; structure and functions
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation and terminology requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results
- Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census and to direct, supervise and evaluate care in order to individualize nursing care provided to patients
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
- Proficient computer skills
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 356-4939.