Executes research activities associated with the division and contributes to the planning process related to research and quality improvement. Oversees and participates in the identification, collection, integration, and analysis of data in support of the assigned project and/or strategic plan. This position works independently and supervises research personnel, using methodologies consistent with the established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements affecting the department.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A, MS/MPH preferred
- License/Certifications: Knowledge of current clinical practices, medical terminology, normally acquired through a certification/licensing process, or 2 years of clinical experience. Certification by the Association of Clinical Research Professionals or Society of Clinical Research Associates will be current or obtained within first two years of employment
- Experience: See "License/Certifications"
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead and manage several projects.
- Ability to lead and manage direct reports and collaborate with clinician researchers.
- Extensive knowledge of basic statistical principals and methods required.
- Ability to work with multiple departments to achieve maximum compliance.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently.
- Extensive computer proficiency with databases and spreadsheets required, proficiency with at least one statistical analysis package strongly preferred (e.g. IBM SPSS, SAS, STATA, Statview, Minitab).