We are seeking a Mental Health Technician to join our team at Pen Bay Medical Center! The Mental Health Technicians (MHT) are essential members of the Psychiatric, Recovery, and Addictions Care Team by conducting technical and supportive care functions. The scope of patients range from treatment for acute psychiatric conditions, detoxification from alcohol and other substances, ranging from 18 years through geriatrics.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: Active certification in good standing on the State of Maine CNA Registry or psychology degree is preferred. Current BLS/CPR certification or obtain within one month of hire.
- Experience: Preferred recent employment/experience in a behavioral health setting.
- Successful completion of MOAB course within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of medical and psychiatric terminology.
- Articulates an understanding of appropriate approaches with individuals experiencing significant psychological illness.