$1,000 sign on bonus for new hires!
- The Medical Assistant (MA) is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based environment at Memorial Hospital’s Surgery/Urology/Wound Care practice.
- The MA will assist providers in the care and treatment of patients, including administrative support, while promoting a smooth flow of patients through the office and helping to create a calm, supportive atmosphere. The Medical Assistant must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care within their scope of practice and according to organizational policies, accrediting and licensing bodies.
- Patient care responsibilities include: Placing patient in room, measuring vital signs, and recording information on patient's chart; Monitoring vital signs as directed by the physician; Observing, recording and reporting patient's condition, reaction to drugs, and treatments to physician; Administering medication, immunizations, injections, and removing sutures and changing dressings, as directed by physician; Performing blood draws and testing as directed by the physician; Refilling patient medications to specified pharmacies as directed by physician, and documenting in patient chart; Ordering labs, x-rays, CT scans as directed by the physician; And assisting with patient education, under the direction and guidance of the physician.
- Additional functions: Preparing exam and treatment rooms with necessary equipment and instruments, ensuring rooms are free from clutter and hazardous materials; Cleaning and sterilizing equipment per office protocol; Maintaining database of office and patient records, including required regularly compliance and quality control logs; Scheduling appointments, blocking and freezing schedules, and conducting follow up reminder calls to patients; Responding to phone calls and relaying information in a timely manner; and other duties as assigned or directed.
- This position is 40 hours/week: Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Comprehensive MaineHealth benefit package including medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off, paid family leave, tuition assistance, and more!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- License/Certifications: Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program. Certification preferred (AAMA or NCCT). Must maintain valid basic CPR certification, BCLS if required by specific departments. NH Medical Technician License is required.
- Experience: Prior Surgery/Urology/Wound Care experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficient in basic computer skills
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com or (603) 356-4939.