Medical/ Full-Time/ 2nd Shift/ Posted (10/14/2020)
Provides professional nursing care and makes nursing care decisions that are appropriate for the age and condition of the patient, using the nursing process. Collaborates with other health care professionals to meet the needs of the patient. Responsible for adhering to CVMC/ departmental policies, procedures and philosophy to deliver quality patient care, practicing within the guidelines of the North Carolina State Nurse Practice Act and abiding by the CVMC Nursing Bylaws.
No previous experience required, except as listed below. Incumbent should be proficient in the basic aspects of the job and able to assume call responsibilities as required within three months of employment date.
Specific Work Experience Requirements/Preferences:
Heart and Vascular Services: six months of cardiac monitoring.
Preferred: Critical Care Unit and PACU: six months of cardiac monitoring experience.
All other units: Prior work experience in requested practice area.
Education and Credentials Required:
• Graduate of accredited nursing program.
• Current NC RN license or licensure from Nursing Compact State.
• BCLS certification. If the BCLS certification is not from the American Heart Association (AHA), an AHA certification is required within three months of employment date.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Requirements:
• Effective May 4, 2015 all newly employed Registered Nurses and all current employees promoted to Registered Nurse positions are required to obtain a BSN or higher nursing degree.
o RNs employed in positions at Catawba Valley Medical Group (CVMG), Fairgrove Primary Health (FPH), Catawba Valley Infectious Disease (CVID), Catawba Valley Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbarics (WHC), and Catawba Valley Psychiatric Services (CVPS) are exempt from this requirement.
• The BSN or higher nursing degree must be completed within five years from the date of employment or placement into the RN position.
• Incumbents in CVMC RN positions on the effective date will not be required to satisfy the BSN degree requirement to maintain their current position, be promoted to a charge nurse or Operating Room specialty RN position or apply for lateral RN positions in another CVMC department.
o RNs transferring to the IRT department are subject to the BSN requirement.
o Effective 03/28/2019: RNs transferring from CVMG, FPH, CVID, WHC, or CVPS into RN positions at CVMC are subject to the BSN requirement.