Under the direction of the Team Leader and within the Agency policies and procedures, the PTA follows the plan of care on individual patients within the guidelines of his/her licensure to provide for the safety and quality of care treatment or services.
1. Reports new or pertinent findings and patient response to treatment to PT and MD.
2. Follows prescribed plan of care as completed by PT in order to address identified needs.
3. Demonstrates the skills and judgments to implement the plan of care, therapeutic interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient, within the guidelines of his/her licensure.
4. Records narrative documentation to reflect status /progress of skilled care. Documentation is clear, concise and addresses specific teaching and response.
5. Assist and instruct the patient's family and/or significant other by providing teaching as directed through the PT plan of care.
6. Collaborates and communicates on a regular basis with the Physical Therapist, Team Leader, and members of the interdisciplinary team as needed.
7. Participates in inter-disciplinary patient case conferences.
8. All other duties as assigned.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects VNA’s commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
• Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program.
• Current PTA license in Mass.
• Minimum one year clinical experience and CPR certification required.
• Computer skills preferred.