Attention current TriHealth employees:
Please apply for this position by submitting an online internal application via SuccessFactors. Please be certain to update your SuccessFactors Employee Profile prior to applying to this position.
OUTPATIENT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN II-CERTIFIED: A Outpatient Pharmacy Certified Technician II is a healthcare professional who plays an integral role in the pharmacy operations. Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, the pharmacy technician interacts with patients over the phone to coordinate prescription refill(s), delivery of prescriptions, update billing information, and address patient concerns. In addition to these duties, the technician will redirect calls to pharmacists and communicate with healthcare providers, as needed. This technician is able to perform Pharmacy Certified Technician I duties.
No weekends! Located at Bethesda North. Works: Mon: 830a-5p, Tu:10a-2p, F:10a-2p (will consider other hours based on candidate needs)
EDUCATION: High School Degree or GED and National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) is required. The current approved examinations are the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PCTB) or ExCPT Certification by the National Healthcareer Association
EXPERIENCE: some experience desired; Must be a Certified PharmacyTechnician I or have Specialty/Outpatient/Retail Pharmacy Technician experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE: Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Compassionate Customer Care, Acknowledging the patient, Making eye contact and Smiling.
Selecting, counting, packing, labeling, filing of completed hard copy prescriptions in order
• Entering prescriptions into the outpatient pharmacy computer system completely and correctly
• Interacting with patients over the phone to coordinate prescription refills, update billing information, address patient concerns and triage calls directing the call to the pharmacists when appropriate
• Coordinates care with healthcare providers for prescriptions to recover from Service Breakdowns.
• Properly processes return to stocks
• Properly uses PMP, checking every patient receiving a controlled substance and alerting the pharmacist of any issues
• Works in multiple areas of the pharmacy to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope
• Coordinates care following-up on refill authorizations and Prior Authorizations
• Insurance look-up, insurance verification
Greeting patients in person and on the phone with a compassionate tone and a smile.
• Operate POS (cash register), preparing POS each day for business, balancing POS drawer, running POS reports,
• Ordering change for the registers when needed
• Process daily orders received from suppliers and properly place products on shelves
• Participates in daily huddles
• Processing orders, properly storing finished prescriptions for pick-up
• Checking stock bottle expiration dates
• Deliver completed prescriptions to the discharge patients of the hospital
• Double counting CS and placing stickers in C2 book
• Reordering OTCs
• Filing completed hard copy prescriptions in order
Job Title: PHARMACY TECH CERTIFIED DVS - PART TIME, DAYS
Department Name: NRTH PHARMACY-OUTPATIENT
Employment Status: Part Time Position
Shift: Day Shift
Weekend Commitment: No
Holiday Commitment: Yes
On-Call Commitment: No