Southern Maine Health Care’s Orthopedics team is seeking a Medical Assistant to join our team! We are looking for an MA that enjoys working in a high energy practice, education, and working with a diverse population of people. This MA will have the unique opportunity to learn Orthopedic Medicine elements such as casting, splinting, and wound care.
When you join Southern Maine Health Care, you may also receive the following perks:
- May be eligible for $3,000 sign-on bonus*
- 3-tier clinical ladder
The Medical Assistant (MA) is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based environment. The MA will assist providers in the care and treatment of patients, including administrative support, while promoting a smooth flow of patients through the office and helping to create a calm, supportive atmosphere. The Medical Assistant must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care within their scope of practice and according to organizational policies, accrediting and licensing bodies.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Must meet one of the following requirements:
- Graduated from two year accredited vocational institution or community college in Medical Assisting; OR
- Certification with the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistant) or registration with the AMT (American Medical Technology); OR certification with the NHA (National Healthcare Association).
- License/Certifications: Current BLS required.
- Experience: Minimum one year's experience working as a Medical Assistant in a medical office.
- Knowledge of healthcare field and medical office protocols/procedures.
- Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately with ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff with the ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image even under stressful situations.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Pediatric practice staff will be required to participate in the weekend clinic rotation.
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for this sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 6 months to be eligible.