NorDx is seeking an experienced Anatomic Pathology Lab Manager to join our quality-driven, customer-focused team. Our success is the result of the expertise and dedication of our staff, and it is their skills and professionalism that set us apart from our competitors.
- Opportunity to work for one of New England’s Largest Healthcare organizations and Maine’s largest employer
- Ability to manage a patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing facility.
- If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you.
The Anatomic Pathology Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Histology, Cytology and Surgical Pathology Laboratory. The Anatomic Pathology Manager is responsible to ensure specimens are handled properly and for obtaining accurate patient identification and reliability of all patients reports. Under his/her supervision, both patient and Q.C. material are performed accurately for pathological interpretation and in a timely manner. The Anatomic Pathology Manager also assures the delivery of quality department/clinical services in accordance with established laboratory, hospital and regulatory/accreditation agency standards.
- Provides direction and oversight directly through supervisors or individual contributors for laboratory operations and human resources management, including reviewing all hiring and discipline recommendations.
- Oversees all technical direction and develops, monitors, and takes appropriate action to improve overall departmental performance to ensure that the operational and strategic goals are met.
- Ensures training and competency assessments are completed. Manages budget for the laboratory site.
What you will need (KSAs):
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Combination of Associate's Degree & Experience required.
- License/Certifications: Certification in one or more of the following: MT,MLT, MLS, CLS, CHT, CHS, CG, CT, HT, HTL, ASCP Scientist/Specialist (BB, C, H, M, MB, SBB, SC, SH, SM) required (ASCP, AMT, HEW, ABHI).
- Experience: 2 years of previous supervisory or lead experience required, previous manager experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint required