The Knox Center is conveniently located in historic Rockland, Maine. Victorian homes dot the tree-lined streets, children play in a park next door, the public library is just around the corner and the ocean is a short walk away. In addition to providing the highest standard of care, we aim to offer complete comfort and safety for our patients and their families. Come join our team!
For a limited time this position is eligible for up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus!
- The sign-on bonus is prorated based on experience.
- Current MaineHealth team members are not eligible.
- Must be separated from the MaineHealth system for a minimum of 6 months.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/Med Tech is responsible to deliver excellent quality care to patients/residents on assigned unit as directed by the Charge Nurse as prescribed by the patients/residents' plans of care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school graduate is strongly preferred. Must obtain at least 24 hours of education every two years including topics relevant to administration of medications.
- License/Certifications: Completion of approved CNA program. CNA certification. Completion of approved training program for medication assistants. Certificate from approved CNA-M program. BCLS Certification.
- Experience: At least one year's experience in either Medical Surgical Nursing, Long Term Care, including Dementia Care and/or Skilled Care or Home Care setting preferred. To qualify for the per diem rate, per diem CNA-M's must have at least 2 years of relevant experience and cannot be currently employed by the Pen Bay Healthcare system in a benefited position.
- Must maintain current on CNA Registry.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work with persons affected by a wide variety of physical and cognitive deficits.