Maine Medical Partners Cardiology offers Medical Assistants the exceptional opportunity to work in a two Medical Assistant scribe model in our Electrophysiology Care Team. Medical Assistants would work with a specific patient population associated with device implants and abnormal rhythms.
This dynamic practice offers additional learning options through multiple channels of training. We are a high-volume facility with approximately 150 office visit and testing appointments per day. Our highly skilled team is committed to improving the cardiovascular health of our communities.
When you join Maine Medical Partners, you may also receive the following perks:
- May be eligible for $3,000 sign-on bonus*
- 3-tier clinical ladder
- Position Summary
- The Medical Assistant (MA) is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based ambulatory practice environment. The MA functions under the license of the provider when performing clinical and other patient care tasks. The MA must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care within their scope of practice and according to organizational policies, accrediting and licensing bodies.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Applicants must:
- Have graduated with an Associates Degree in Medical Assisting from an accredited college or a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program, and completed 160 hours clinical experience acquired through an externship or working as a medical assistant, or:
- Be credentialed and have a minimum of 1 year's clinical Medical Assisting experience in a multi-physician medical practice preferred. Other relevant clinical experience will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- License/Certifications: Current BLS required.
- Experience: See "Education"
- Ability to excel in a team-based care environment.
- Maintain personal and professional records that include evaluation and validation of clinical competence/proficiency, continuing education, and any certification or verification of special skill sets.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of the electronic medical record.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures.
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for this sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.