The Knox Center is conveniently located in historic Rockland, Maine. Victorian homes dot the tree-lined streets, children play in a park next door, the public library is just around the corner and the ocean is a short walk away. In addition to providing the highest standard of care, we aim to offer complete comfort and safety for our patients and their families. Come join our team!
For a limited time this position is eligible for up to a $10,000 sign-on bonus!
- The sign-on bonus is prorated based on experience.
- Current MaineHealth team members are not eligible.
- Must be separated from the MaineHealth system for a minimum of 6 months.
**Shift Differentials, Loan Forgiveness, Tuition Assistance and Relocation Assistance are available to qualified individuals!**
The registered nurse (RN) is responsible to oversee and deliver excellent quality care to patients/residents on assigned unit in collaboration with the Unit Manager and members of the health care team.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an NLN accredited nursing program.
- License/Certifications: Current Maine Professional Registered Nurse License required. BCLS Certification.
- Experience: At least one year's experience in either Medical Surgical Nursing, Long Term Care, including Dementia Care and/or Skilled Care or Home Care setting.
- To qualify for the per diem rate, per diem RN Charge Nurses must have at least 2 years of relevant experience (listed above) and cannot be currently employed by the Pen Bay Healthcare system in a benefited position.
- Understanding of and good working knowledge of nursing process.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent assessment and documentation skills required.