The Department of Psychiatry at Maine Medical Center (MMC) invites applications and nominations for a Medical Director, Adult Outpatient Psychiatry, to provide leadership in integrated clinical care, clinician education, and care administration as part of the largest healthcare system in northern New England. This full-time, entrepreneurial leadership and faculty clinician-educator role is based in Portland, Maine and reports to the Associate Chief of Psychiatry at MMC.
The successful candidate will have:
- Board certification in Psychiatry.
- Experience supervising seasoned professionals.
- Understand how to articulate a vision and direction that is inspiring, cooperative, and promotes best practices in quality and compliance.
- A ready sense of humor and understand how to navigate a team through change and growth in a multi-faceted healthcare setting.
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence in clinical care and an enthusiasm for leading the implementation of innovative collaboration models across complex systems to achieve quality and integration of patient care.
- Competitive candidates will be passionate advocates for integrated mental health services and have experience with clinical education, theoretical and applied research, and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
As a critical member of a growing mental health system and an integrated healthcare system, the new Medical Director will provide leadership for a dynamic and collegial interdisciplinary team working to redesign and build innovative behavioral health treatment and approaches for existing and future patients living in the surrounding communities and across the state. In addition to providing direct clinical care for adults, the new director will:
- Collaborate with colleagues across the medical community at Maine Medical Center, and actively guide efforts in structuring service delivery and coordination of care as part of the larger [Maine Behavioral] Healthcare system.
- Play a crucial role in optimizing patient care, working in concert with a talented team of program leaders as well as clinicians and administrative colleagues to create a patient centered environment that fosters clinical excellence across the hospital and the larger health system.
- Have substantial opportunity for impact in this role.
A Teaching Resource
In addition to providing clinical care, the Adult Outpatient Psychiatry Service is a major teaching resource for Maine Medical Center, offering psychiatry training experiences for adult psychiatry residents, child and adolescent psychiatry fellows, Tufts University School of Medicine medical students, and trainees from a variety of other fields. The Medical Director will serve as a faculty clinician-educator and will be eligible to apply for a faculty appointment to the Tufts University School of Medicine.
This leader will be a member of Maine Medical Partners (MMP), a subsidiary of MMC and Maine’s largest multi-specialty group, serving patients throughout the state and across northern New England. This high quality team of 600 physicians and 350 advanced practice professionals is based at MMC and delivers care through a network of 54 locations across the State and acts as a regional referral network.
Maine Medical Center, a location of MaineHealth – Maine’s largest integrated health system, has 637 beds and is the state's leading tertiary care hospital and only Level 1 Trauma Center with a full complement of residencies and fellowships and integration with Tufts University School of Medicine. The Emergency Department at Maine Medical Center comprises 63 beds, including the embedded, 6-bed secure Acute Psychiatry Unit. We have a culture of continuous quality improvement and our performance in the areas of safety, quality, and satisfaction are consistently excellent.
Plus Psychiatrists at MMC enjoy the benefits of:
- Flexible call schedules
- Generous time off and CME days
- A substantial CME stipend
- Retirement plans
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
About Portland, Maine
Situated on the Maine coast, Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small-town friendliness. The area provides four season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking, sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches. Within a two hours’ drive of Boston, and surrounded by rural, suburban, and urban settings, the Portland region is home to an array of diverse and vibrant communities. In addition to its attractive location and landscape, Portland is consistently ranked as one of the top places in America to raise a family. It was named 2018 Restaurant City of the Year by Bon Appétit magazine, and The Best Town and Small City in the US by The Guardian in 2018.
For more information please contact Gina Mallozzi, Physician Recruiter, at (207) 661-2092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.