Provides community-based individual, family and group counseling services to Parkland's clients experiencing mental health disorders.
- Must have a Master's degree in Social Work or Counseling.
- Must have two (2) years counseling experience.
COPC: Prefer counseling experience with children and adolescent populations with specific knowledge of childhood mental disorders or counseling experience with adult populations with specific knowledge of adult mental disorders.
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) OR - Must be a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles and techniques of mental health counseling.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse population of clients both orally and in writing to include written reports and documentation of treatment information in a timely fashion.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- COPC: Knowledge of childhood/adolescent depression, ADHD, anxiety, substance abuse, trauma, and developmental challenges or knowledge of adult mood disorders, anxiety disorders, substance use/abuse as well as other adult psychiatric disorders. Have some understanding of Behavioral Health integration within Primary Care settings.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Psychology, Clinic, Medical, Counseling, Patient Care, Healthcare