Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and standards of regulatory agencies, as applied to the surveillance, prevention, and control of infections throughout the Parkland Health & Hospital System on a 24/7 basis.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Prefer four years of critical care, operating room emergency room experience OR
- Must have a Bachelor's in Medical Technology and four years of experience in a microbiology lab OR
- Must have a Master's of Public Health and prefer two years of experience in applied epidemiology or infectious disease epidemiology.
- May substitute two years of Infection Prevention experience in lieu of experience stated above.
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Registered Nurse Applicants:
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association o American Red Cross o Military Training Network Medical Technologist Applicants:
- Must be certified by one of the following: o Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) o Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT)
- Department of Health Services (HHS) formerly (HEW) o Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT)
- American Medical Technologist (AMT) All Applicants:
- Prefer Certification in Infection Control (CIC) or test to obtain certification within three years of placement in position.
- Must have current CPR-Heartsaver course completion card if profession other than Registered Nurse from one of the following:
o American Heart Association o American Red Cross o Military Training Network Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable about epidemiology of infectious diseases, disinfection and sterilization, and data analysis.
- Must be knowledgeable about applicable Joint Commission standards, Texas Department of Health licensure requirements, and other requirements, and other regulations and standards regarding infection control.
- Must have computer skills including database management.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective facilitator, presenter, and speaker skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behavior.
- Must be able to work independently; self-motivated and self-learning.
- Registered Nurse Only:
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Infection Control, Special Medicine, Medical, Epidemiology, Pathology, Healthcare