Provides pastoral care needs including spiritual counseling and guidance to patients, families, and hospital staff.
Must have a Bachelor's degree.
Prefer Graduate level theological education, completed or in process, or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Must have one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education training.
Must have two years
Skills or Special Abilities:
Must be able to demonstrate effective written/verbal communication skills.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of hospital decedent care procedures within three months of employment.
Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of hospital Advance Directive procedures within three months of employment.
1. Provides spiritual care and emotional support to patients, family members and staff involved in Level I Trauma cases, medical codes, and deaths. Provides assessment of spiritual needs and appropriate interventions.
2. Responds in a timely manner to phone, fax, and verbal referrals for routine pastoral care and continuity of care referrals from other chaplains. Provides assessment of spiritual needs and appropriate interventions.
3. Releases bodies to funeral homes and the DCME and completes proper documentation of release.
4. Responds to referrals for Advance Directives, provides emotional support, education, facilitation of document completion and documentation in medical record.
5. Manages pastoral care portion of decedent care, including proper and timely completion of paperwork and interacts on a professional basis with other interdisciplinary team members involved in decedent care tasks.
6. Communicates pastoral assessments, plans, and interventions via patient chart notes and communicates on-going pastoral needs to appropriate pastoral care staff. Provides detailed end of shift report o on-coming chaplain when on-call.
7. Provides routine pastoral visitation as time permits to areas of identified need.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, Patient Care, Chaplain, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare