Jennie Edmundson Memorial HospLocation:
Council Bluffs, IASchedule:
- Purpose of Job
- The Room Service Ambassador prepares and delivers patient and guest trays to patient rooms within the hospital by using exceptional customer service and following departmental policies and procedures.
- Job Requirements
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) preferred.
- 6 months food service experience preferred, preferably in a hospitality industry, which may include culinary, with strong emphasis in customer service.
- Food Handler's Certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of food production and delivery process preferred.
- Knowledge of computers preferred.
- Basic math skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Strong customer service skills required, including face-to-face and telephone, required.
- Able to read, write, and carry out oral and written instructions with accuracy and efficiency required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Job Hazards
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Prepares assembly area for room service tray production by conducting pre-service quality checks and maintaining the cleanliness of the assembly area to ensure the area is ready for the preparation of patient and guest trays.
- Maintains adequate level of food and supplies for appropriate service by ensuring par levels in food service area and nourishment centers are met and maintained.
- Assembles and delivers patient food trays to the patient's room by following Room Service guidelines to ensure all orders are accurate and delivered in a pre-established time guideline.
- Assists with the production and preparation of food items to ensure Room Service orders are prepared and delivered in a timely manner.
- Interacts and helps support patients, families, hospital staff, and Food Service team with Room Service orders and/or questions on a daily basis in a welcoming and professional manner to ensure excellent customer service is met and maintained.
- Assists patients with pre-meal service, including removing lids and opening packets, by following Room Service guidelines to ensure patients are satisfied and needs are met.
- Retrieves Room Service tray carts from designated areas and assists with the cleaning of Room Service trays to ensure continuity of service.
- Follows proper food handling procedures and complies with quality performance standards to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Compassionate Care/AIDET and company policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.