• Supports the philosophy and mission Cranberry Hospice & Palliative Care in providing high quality hospice care to patients and families
• Provides leadership, support and development of staff • Responsible for administratively coordinating the staff and care of patients on hospice service during week day and weekend shift operations.
• Delegate caseload and visits based on patient need, location and staff competence.
• Is administrative person on off shifts, weekends and holidays, in collaboration with other designated administrative staff.
• Notifies Clinical Director or Hospice Administrator on-call of any unusual occurrences, emergencies, or serious reportable events.
• Supervises nursing staff and nursing practice consistent with Agency and professional standards and policies.
• Participates in the recruitment and retention of nursing staff.
• Ensures the orientation of new staff in collaboration with the Hospice Clinical Director.
• Evaluates, counsels and helps create corrective action plans around staff competency. • Identifies education needs and participates in educational programs.
• Ensures adherence to federal and state regulations, and Agency policies. • Communicates regularly with nursing staff, peers and immediate supervisor.
• Participates in the supervision of staff and patients during non-operating hours of the Agency. • Provides direct patient care, when necessary.
• Participates with the Hospice Director in planning, implementation and evaluation of new programs, including the evaluation and revision of existing programs.
• Participates in the Agency Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Program including quality review of clinical documentation.
• Assists in monitoring clinical budget, including staffing levels and productivity standards. • Develops organizes and schedules health promotion/community health events. • Participates in communities and organizations relevant to public health, homecare, hospice, professional practice and communities served by the Agency.
• Intakes referrals and performs preadmission screenings for prospective hospice patients and palliative care patients in hospital, ECF, home and community settings.
• Works in conjunction with the Billing Coordinator to ensure that provider/payer requirements are communicated to appropriate agency program staff. • Maintains data on all referrals and monitors conversions or referrals to admissions.
• Coordinates with hospital and physician referral sources.
• Develops and maintains relationships with contracted nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and group homes for the assessing, planning and coordinating of the SNF admissions.
• Supervises the planning, implementation and delivery of direct clinical services to SNF residents by members of the interdisciplinary team.
Facilitate Group Support for staff.
• Provides and develops collaborative relationships with other community agencies and referral sources, building visibility of CH&PC in the community
• Design and implementation of programs designed to increase patient/family and referral source satisfaction.
• Rotates Administrator On-Call support to field staff as needed. • Assumes on-call responsibility as needed.
• Other responsibilities as directed.
Current Massachusetts RN license
BSN or working towards
Minimum three years management experience in hospice or related setting
Knowledge and Ailities:
Comprehensive knowledge of hospice practice Excellent written, oral and presentation skills Demonstrated leadership and customer service approach in hospice or related setting
Working knowledge of hospice EMR, Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel