· Serve as front line receptionist displaying courtesy and professionalism at all times while greeting or interacting with patients, families or other personnel in person or on the telephone.
· Responsible for obtaining referring physician information.
· Responsible for the accurate intake of patient demographics: obtaining reimbursable diagnosis/reason for service; verifying insurances for eligibility and obtaining of preauthorization of insurance provider as required.
· Performs exam specific screening relative to ability to schedule and perform testing; refers to appropriate individual as needed for clarification.
· Distribute to patients all required notifications and documents.
· Clear patient for co-pay and/or deductibles. Collect payment in accordance with credit and collection policy.
· Performs registration function with the patient.
· Enter the appropriate diagnostic testing orders, demographics and insurance information into Meditech system to facilitate patient care and hospital billing procedures.
· Ensure that patients flow through the scheduling and registration systems, and schedule appointment as quickly and efficiently as possible while ensuring that all fiscal procedures are followed in a consistent manner.
· Schedule patient appointments accurately and proactively to maintain full schedules for clinical staff.
· Obtain all necessary patient consents/signatures.
· Prepare, maintain and close patient medical records ensuring accuracy and completeness.
· Maintain written and telephone communications; screen all calls and refer to the appropriate individual.
· Assist in the collection and preparation of data for departmental reports.
· Assists in troubleshooting insurance denials and billing discrepancies.
· Assist with special projects as needed.
· Cross train to other scheduling/registration areas.
· Process cancellation and no show appointments and notify ordering physician.
· Confirms out of area provider information; including full name, address, phone, fax, NPI number and enters information into database upon registration as well as medical record files.
· Document existence of written directive and verify accuracy of registry information.
· Enter/Edit requisition information and prints to appropriate printers.
· Manage patient requests for medical records. (ie: CDs, Life Image, reports, etc.)
· Faxes reports as necessary.
· Perform other duties as assigned or requested to maintain the smooth functional operation of the service.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
· HS Diploma or equivalent
· Knowledge of medical terminology, (successfully completes hospital skills test), problem-solving techniques, strong interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills, strong keyboarding skills with detail and accuracy (a minimum of 30 wpm) and basic computer skills including word processing.
· Current (defined as within most recent 12 months),Diagnostic Imaging knowledge of DI exams
· One year of clerical experience; including screening patients for exams
· One year Experience using MEDITECH EMR and Meditech healthcare applications software version 6.0 or higher
· Demonstrated ability to function independently, follows directives, and operates with minimal supervision.
· Possess good decision-making skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure, maintaining a helpful and courteous manner.
· Demonstrates the ability to Independently performs registration and scheduling functions within one month.
· Demonstrates the ability to independently perform insurance authorization for ordered testing within one month.
Graduate of a Medical Assistant/Secretary course equivalent preferred.