The Licensed Practical Nurse administers bedside patient care to Adult and Geriatric psychiatric patients, assesses and documents the effects of care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The LPN demonstrates skills basic to vocational training, and must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The nurse must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess date reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient requirement relative to his or her age-specific needs. The nursing functions of the LPN are carried out according to hospital policy, hospital mission statement and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing.
1. LPN is a graduate of an accredited LPN school
2. Current South Carolina LPN licensure
3. BLS certification
4. Documented attendance in a IV therapy course
5. Completed training in IV management
6. Documented attendance in management of aggressive behavior training