• Under the Supervision of a Custodian Supervisor
• Safeguard and preserves the confidentiality of
patients and protected health information in accordance with the state and
regulatory requirements, hospital
and departmental policies.
• Ensure a safe patient environment and adherence to
safety practices per policy.
• Cleaning assigned work areas, patient rooms, nursing
stations, ancillary areas, exam rooms, procedure rooms, conference rooms,
hallways and corridors with the
correct chemicals and equipment.
• Know and follow hospital/EVS policy and procedures
at all times.
• Follow safety procedures exactly as outlined in the
department’s procedure manual.
• Maintain cleanliness and security of locked
medication storage rooms as required.
• Maintain daily reports on project work or room
cleaning. Ensure maintenance request forms are completed. Notify Supervisor of
• Demonstrate the ability to maintain all equipment in
the assigned work area assuring that is in safe, clean and proper working
• Demonstrate knowledge and performance of all skills
required on the EVS Schedule.
• Pick up communication tools/equipment by signing in
and out at the beginning and ending of each shift. Report any damage to
• Complete other duties as assigned by
Must continuously (66% to 100%of a work day):
• Walking on tile floors
• Wrist rotation and deviation
• Use bilateral upper extremities and hands in
reaching above shoulder level
Must frequently (34% to 66% of a work day):
• Lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Twisting and bending of the neck forward and
Must occasionally (11% to 33% of a work day):
• Stooping and squatting
• Waist bending while standingQualifications
interpersonal skill to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
with peers and staff. Reading skill to understand procedures, memos, labels,
directions, forms and signs. Writing skill to maintain accurate legible records
and logs. Physical ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach and climb stairs and
ladders for long periods of times. Physical ability to lift equipment weighing
up to 50 lbs. Physical ability to push and pull mops, brooms, carts, vacuum
cleaners and other power equipment. Ability to complete assignments despite
frequent interruptions. Prior hospital or hotel experience preferred.
Preferred: Two to three years of housekeeping experience in a healthcare setting
and/or L.A. Unified School District Janitorial Services certification
preferred. Ultra Violet Light (ULV) Disinfection equipment management.
In an effort to promote and maintain a healthy environment for our
patients, visitors, and employees, UCLA Health System is a smoke-free site.
Smoking is prohibited within the boundaries of all UCLA Health System owned,
occupied, leased, and associated buildings and facilities.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.