Maine Medical Partners – MaineHealth Cardiology is seeking a patient centered, respectful, flexible, and detail oriented Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our growing practice as we diligently meet the needs of the greater Portland Cardiac Patient Population. Join our team of Advanced Practice Providers and physicians that are dedicated to Cardiology.
We are a growing, integrated practice of over 45 cardiologists that offers its patients outstanding cardiology services with the highest level of care. Our cardiologists are Board Certified and trained in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases of the heart and circulatory system. We are closely tied to the nationally recognized cardiac services at Maine Medical Center and other regional hospitals & practices to build a coordinated network of care.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Current nursing license issued by the State of Maine or eligible for licensure.
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program.
- BSN required; MSN preferred.
- Minimum three years of professional nursing experience.
- Two years of Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant experience preferred but not required.
- Current BLS certification.
- Knowledge of advanced practice of nursing, professional nursing theory, practices and regulations related to evaluating and providing patient care, and professional ethics related to the delivery of nursing care.
- Knowledge of patient assessment techniques including taking medical histories, performing physicals, evaluating health status, including state of wellness and compliance with care recommendations.
- Skill in case management, time management, problem solving, crisis intervention, multitasking and other organizational matters.
- Ability to make responsible decisions within scope of NP Practice.
- Ability to educate patients, families, and staff in user-friendly manner.
- Strong computer skills with skill in using computerized health information management system.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, clinical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.