This position grows patient volume, generates incremental revenue, and promotes the brand for the Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine and Global Health. Leading the development of Travel Medicine and Global Health service strategy and growth in partnership with medical and administrative leadership, the Brand Manager will use a multi-channel marketing strategy to help the service line reach their patient and financial goals for University Hospitals. Brand managers will develop reporting and analytics to demonstrate a return on investment and how marketing is driving an increase in patient appointments and procedures.
• Oversees and manages operations and support functions as appropriate including human resources, planning, implementation, and financial/budget monitoring. Assists in improving operations, enhancing revenue and reducing costs. Develops and monitors various reports and data.
• Implements defined strategic plan and associated business plans, achieving program consistency and market growth. Responsible for program coordination and operations that meet both short and long-term business goals that promote increased travel medicine volume in select UH ambulatory settings throughout the health system.
• Leads collaboration and implementation of key global health program strategies with clinical and administrative leaders.
• Demonstrates capabilities in cross-functional process assessment, problem solving, and process improvement. Coordinates the interdisciplinary functions of medical and ancillary services in the development of integrated Travel Medicine and Global Health system-wide programs.
• Develops annual marketing plan that includes an extensive analysis on category profitability within the service, source of patients, attributes sought by patients/referral sources, competition, and targeted action plans. Reviews plans and results throughout each month and changes course to attain goals if necessary.
• Develops and collaborates with agency and creative team on the creation and execution of media plans and the messaging/creative going into market.
• Collaborates with service/clinical providers to define operational goals, Director of Customer Engagement to define content needs and Director of Market Research to ensure that messaging and services provided are meeting the needs of, and matching personas of, target market.
• Collaborates with multichannel and content teams to ensure strategies, tactics, creative and messaging are accurately prioritized for success.
• Utilizes CRM or analytics system to track success and develop reports. Is using reports to optimize campaigns and work through marketing funnel to identify opportunities for improvement. Owns the marketing and conversion funnel end to end.
• Implements a continuous optimization strategy for all marketing campaigns. Leads and works with agency and other marketing team members to makes changes to media plan, ad copy, imagery, landing pages and nurture marketing to improve conversion at each step in the patient journey.
• Creates a regular cadence of meetings with clinical team to report results and align marketing efforts with operational goals/strategy.
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Experience & Knowledge:
• A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience. Healthcare operations and/or marketing experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to drive marketing campaigns and achieve volume/revenue goals
• Able to achieve results and maintain highly collaborative, collegial and productive relationships within a large, complex organization. Strong ability to lead by persuasion and manage many matrixed relationships.
• Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills, be a team player, consensus builder and persuasive presenter.
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills.
• Understanding of all standard KPIs and the use of data to optimize digital experiences. Ability to analyze and interpret key metrics/reports, recommend course of action and ensure continuous improvement and effectiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Excellent problem solving abilities. Act with a sense of urgency with strong attention to detail.
This role encounters Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of regular responsibilities. UH employees must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain PHI for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.