The registered professional nurse is responsible for utilizing job skills to effective carry out the nursing process: including assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, evaluation, documentation and time management. She/he is responsible for quality communication, teamwork and leadership/professionalism. Also directs, coordinates and implements patient teaching, quality/safety initiatives, and activities of other health team personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
A Registered Nurse Per Diem (RN PD) is responsible for the care of the population they are assigned. A RN PD is required to complete yearly mandatory competencies, any unit specific competencies that are identified by the Director/Designee as it relates to the patient population of their unit as well as completion of the Professional Practice Ladder requirements which include: Assuming responsibility as Charge Nurse, PI Activity and department initiatives, communicates and shares information to Director/Designee and co-workers from unit or hospital committee, a Valley Health paid Education, Seminar/Conference, workshop or Nursing Article. Portfolio is current and submitted to Director/Designee annually by March 1st. Routinely solicits and validates patient/family satisfaction, participates in peer review for unit and develops bulletin board or poster that provides educational information to staff/patients/family members.
Associates Nursing (RN Diploma, ASN or ADN) required *
Bachelors Nursing (BSN) preferred
* Refer to Education Progression Nursing Policy: HR408 for future education requirements As of 2/1/2015, newly hired registered nurses holding a nursing diploma, ASN or ADN (associate’s degree in nursing) will sign an agreement to enroll in a BSN (bachelor’s degree in nursing) program within TWO (2) years of the employment start date and complete the BSN within FIVE (5) years of their employment start date.
Two years of RN experience required.
• If location of practice of this Per Diem Staff RN position is in VA:
Based on primary state of residency and in accordance with current Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia with either a: Multi-state License, under the Nurse Licensure Compact, OR Single-State License, Valid in Virginia Only
• If location of practice of this Per Diem Staff RN position is in WV:
In accordance with current West Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure on an issued Temporary Permit as a Registered Nurse in the State of West Virginia
• If this is the FIRST RN POSITION HELD by this Per Diem Staff RN or RNA, these additional documents must be presented as a contingency of hire:
Eligibility to Test Letter or Temporary Permit document (or interim phone Primary Source Verification and documentation of same by VH Nurse Recruitment, while awaiting letter or permit to come in the mail)
If location of practice for this RN or RNA position is in VA - the Eligibility to Test Letter must be from the Virginia Board of Nursing if a Virginia resident. (If resides in a Compact State other than Virginia, cannot commence employment as an RNA; must first secure "home state's" Compact RN License with Multi-State Privileges and may then commence RN employment in VA)
If location of practice for this RN or RNA position is in WV - the Temporary Permit document must be from the West Virginia Board of Nursing regardless of state of residency
• BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart 'Healthcare Provider' (HCP) - AHA approved required (New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.)
• Relevant Specialty Certification preferred
• Competent in providing care based on the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development
• Competent to provide care to patients utilizing the nursing process
• Must have a reliable means of phone communication with hospital
Criminal Background checks required and include:
VA State police
3rd Party Background Check
FBI Fingerprinting for Behavioral Health and Float Pool
Central Registry for Behavioral Health, Healthy Families, Float Pool and Maternal/Child and /or Family Birthing staff
WV State Police check and fingerprinting for Northern WV Home Health staff, Hampshire Memorial staff, War Memorial staff, or for any position that requires the RN to practice in the state of West Virginia.
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Onsite Childcare (available at some locations)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
20 A Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Patient Care Tech.
Front Royal, Virginia