1. Responsible for documenting patient trip via Hospital Throughput computer program.
2. Responsible for general transport of patients to and from care areas. May also be responsible for assisting patients to/from their vehicle.
3. Responsible for communicating with the patient regarding their pending departure.
4. Responsible for general transport/moving of patients as they go to and from patient care areas. This includes but is not limited to:
Assisting patients in and out of a bed/wheelchair.
Assisting patients on and off of a stretcher.
Assisting staff that need lifting help or help with sliding a patient from stretcher to a care table.
5. Responsible for the transportation of equipment under responsibility of Transport Department
6. Responsible for utilizing mobile device to access Hospital Throughput Computer Program
7. Responsible for assisting patients with dressing/undressing as required.
8. Responsible for obtaining a “Ticket to Ride” from the nurse, upon arrival to the patients floor.
9. Responsible for obtaining the nurses signature on the “Ticket to Ride” before departing from the patients floor.
10. Responsible for communicating with patient’s R.N. before the patient departs from their room or as they arrive back to their room.
11. Responsible for safely parking the bed/stretcher/wheelchair by utilize the braking system and lowering the patients bed/stretcher before leaving the patient.
12. Responsible for communicating with the patient regarding their arrival in a department.
13. Responsible for communicating with the receiving department and handing off the signed “Ticket to Ride” before departing from that area.
14. When communicating with department must ensure patient is safe to be left; if receiving department not immediately ready for testing or other needs.
15. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of patient equipment at the conclusion of each patient trip.
16. Responsible for communicating equipment issues to Manager as well as creating a BioMed service request for service of broken equipment.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
On the job training.
Basic computer experience required
Previous customer service experience preferred
Previous experience in a healthcare environment preferred
High School Diploma or equivalent
American Heart Association CPR/BLS
This job requires frequent bending, carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, walking and lifting over 100 lbs. There will be occasional need for climbing stairs, lifting in excess of 50 – 100 lbs and sitting. Constant use of hearing, sight and speech. Frequent use of smell and touch. Frequent keyboard and telephone use. Constant concentration and problem solving.