Pediatric Psychologist – Description/Job posting – Full Time
Pediatric psychologist to work with medically complex pediatric patients and adolescents as part of collaborative team in a hospital setting. Must have experience in treating pediatric and adolescent patients with a history of trauma.
· Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology from an APA or CPA accredited institution
· Completion of APA or CPA accredited pre-doctoral internship
· Minimum of 1 year postdoctoral fellowship experience in a hospital or related medical setting preferred.
· Licensed or license eligible in the State of Oklahoma
· Provide pediatric evaluations, interventions, and therapy to patients and families as part of a medical treatment plan to promote a successful inpatient stay and transition to a home setting
· Evaluate and provide interventions for patients with complex medical conditions, history of trauma (e.g., motor vehicle collision, accidental injury, assault, abuse/neglect), adjustment to disability, medical anxiety, pain, behavioral non-compliance, and mental health needs Assess behavioral concerns, develop behavior management plans, provide parent training
· Provide emotional support and empowerment to patients and families
· Facilitate transition of behavioral health services during discharge planning by making recommendations and referrals for appropriate services in the patient’s community
· Deliver services across both inpatient and outpatient settings. Inpatient services will include patients receiving acute inpatient rehabilitation, subacute transitional care, and long term care. Outpatient services will involve ongoing care to discharged patients and families as well as responding to referrals from the broader community.
· Work in close partnership with Social Services (social workers, case managers) to meet needs of the patients and families
· Participate and contribute to team meetings and work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team
· Contribute to program development
· Complete clinical documentation within appropriate established time frames
· Ability to speak, understand, read, and write English required. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.