Renders professional nursing service, within the scope of their practice, in the treatment and care of patients. Under the direct supervision of the assigned Clinic Physician or Lead Nurse Practitioner. Performs tasks and responsibilities in a manner consistent with The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Standards.
Education: Associate Degree or completion of diploma Nursing Program. Ability to speak, understand, read, and write English required.
Experience: 1 year experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Registration and current LPN license in Oklahoma. CPR and PALS Certification within 1 year of employment.
LPN RESPONSIBILITIES TO PEDIATRIC CLINIC
1. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
2. Answers and returns phone calls/voice messages for patient’s medical concerns/inquiries in a timely manner.
3. Assists physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
4. Assures that physician is aware of patients waiting in exam room and communicates with patient/family if physician is running behind schedule; reflecting a helpful and caring attitude.
5. Assures appropriate consent has been obtained prior to treatment or procedures.
6. Assures that patient charts are given to office staff at the end of day for re-filing.
7. Communicates discharge information to patients, i.e., medication dosages, prescriptions indicated, laboratory requisition forms, and when a return visit is needed according to practitioner’s directions.
8. Checks physicians’ outboxes and responds to patient calls per instructions.
9. Completes and assigns all EMR messages for incoming phone calls.
10. Files all labs and outside reports in patient charts accurately and as needed.
11. Greets and directs patients to the exam/treatment room in a timely manner.
12. Maintains inventory supplies in each exam room and clinic.
13. Orders necessary clinic medical supplies/medications through Purchasing Department.
14. Performs job tasks according to established guidelines.
15. Prepares exam room for each new patient by disinfecting surfaces, removing trash, and gathering appropriate supplies/medications for scheduled procedures.
16. Obtains brief history, current medication and/or changes, and drug allergies, weight, and record data prior to physician visit. (Notes allergies - placing sticker on chart. Obtains temperature and/or blood pressure and other vitals when appropriate.)
17. Processes all medication refill requests.
18. Reviews, formulates, and updates patient care plans; prepares/inspects patients’ charts; posts tests and examination results.
19. Prints lab slips.
20. Schedules patient tests, procedures, and provides follow-up for receipt of test results.
21. Talks with drug representatives when requested by practitioner.
22. Writes laboratory requisition forms per practitioner’s request.
23. Writes letters upon request and obtains appropriate signature of physician; maintains copy for records.
Renders professional nursing service, within the scope of their practice, in the treatment and care of patients. Under the direct supervision of the assigned practitioner. Performs tasks and responsibilities in a manner consistent with The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Standards.
Education: Associate Degree or completion of diploma Nursing Program. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
Ability to speak, understand, read, and write English required.
Experience: 1 year experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Registration and current RN license in Oklahoma CPR and PALS Certification within 1 year of employment.
RESPONSIBILITY TO PEDIATRIC CLINIC
PHONE TRIAGE/CONSCIOUS SEDATION
1. Answers incoming nurse line calls.
2. Assures that all voice mails are retrieved in a timely manner and called back before the end of the day to acknowledge receipt and address the need.
3. Exhibits strong listening skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
4. Performs common clinic tests and procedures, i.e. blood draw, urinalysis, vital signs, iStat, flu, strep, RSV and HcG testing.
5. Performs IV starts.
6. Remains knowledgeable regarding common sedative medications.
7. Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient’s chart.
8. Works directly with Practitioner and Nurse Manager in performing conscious sedation procedures.
OTHER RN DUTIES
1. Acts as a resource person to Practitioners.
2. Administers all medications/blood products accurately and documenting dosage/amount, route, time and technique.
3. Assesses patients for changes in condition, including but not limited to abnormal labs, x-rays, scans, drug reactions and initiates appropriate action.
4. Assists physician with exams and procedures; maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of exam rooms.
5. Assures nursing charges are accurate and complete.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory infusion pump, cleaning pumps after use, and maintains proper documentation of pump usage.
7. Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
8. Displays appropriate technical skills for the administration, medications and blood products, to include, but not limited to venipuncture, central line access, and infusion devices.
9. Documents nursing assessments, patient teaching and fluid and medication administration in the patient chart; communicates all pertinent information/interventions to physician.
10. Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, reviewing protocol or treatment plan, calculating doses, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems, and symptom management.
11. Maintains all exam room disinfection protocols.
12. Performs job tasks according to established standards.
13. Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.