Under the supervision of the Property Maintenance/Security Director, provides security/safety for patients, employees and visitors; protects hospital buildings, assets, and premises as assigned. Performs tasks and responsibilities in a manner consistent with The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Hospital's Mission, Vision, Values and Standards.
Job Code: 0850 | Dept. Number:0000 |
[X] Non Exempt
[ ] Exempt
Education: High School graduate or GED. Ability to understand, read, and write English required
Experience: Previous security or police work. At least 1 year experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid State Driver’s License, Oklahoma Council of Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET) Security.
1. Advises and reports all safety and/or fire hazards including security violations.
2. Approves time card by 07:00 on the first Monday of new pay period.
3. Assists in investigations, prepares incident reports and other documents pertaining to security activities of the Hospital.
4. Attends security meetings as required.
5. Checks and turns off lighting in halls, offices, restrooms, storage areas, classrooms, lobbies, gym’s and therapy (except patient units, nursing and associated rooms), all lighting inside the Outpatient Clinic and the Service Center (except hall light to men’s restroom in Service Center).
6. Checks and ensures exterior and interior doors (including Service Center and Outpatient Therapy Clinic) are locked after regular business hours.
7. Communicates to supervisors regarding issues and concerns about safety and security for patients and staff members.
8. Escorts personnel to parking lots and hospital buildings when asked to do so.
9. If leaving hospital prior to scheduled shift change, advises Property Maintenance Director at x1910 and on duty Nurse Manager.
10. If power is lost, checks and records times of all generators start and stop times and reports them to Property Maintenance Director.
11. Maintains department equipment, department files, records, and all other files to include reading emails pertaining to hospital directives.
12. Maintains established department policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, and safety standards.
13. Maintains proper security surveillance of the Hospital’s property by camera monitors, foot and vehicle patrol.
14. Maintains proper security at the hospital, warehouse, clinic, all off-campus facilities for all exterior doors being secured and reports unlocked doors to Property Maintenance Director, and all parking areas to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, and intruders.
15. Monitors all visitors coming and going from the hospital premises.
16. Monitors parking and traffic flow and enforces parking regulations.
17. Notifies Security Director of all concerns and security issues in reference to the Hospital.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested at the Hospital.
19. Performs scheduled trash pick-ups in 4 hour intervals and any other necessary times directed.
20. Responds to assist all hospital employees, patients and visitors when needed.
21. When relieving another officer, checks must be performed again by on coming officer.
22. Willingly assists in any area of the hospital if needed or request for assistance is asked.
Employment Type (feed only)