Provides expertise to the HIM division and all Parkland affiliates as it relates to data analysis, database creation and reporting functions in order to assist management in the successful analysis and achievement of goals.
- Must have a Bachelor¿s degree in Health Information Management, Information
Technology, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Must have two years of experience in a health related environment such as acute care, ambulatory care, or an inpatient setting.
- Prefer HIM experience or Information Technology experience.
- Prefer experience working with the Epic software application.
- Must have relational database and report writing experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of statistical analysis, data base design and analysis, and management/clinical information systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to be self-directed and learn quickly with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to demonstrate analytical skills: analyze complex tasks/systems/problems, determine possible solutions, and design, implement and evaluate most effective solution.
- Must have the ability to prepare detailed documents, reports, and charts.
- Must understand healthcare terminology, business processes, and user issues associated with hospital/clinic practice.
- Must have strong clinical and business knowledge to understand the data sources and resulting quality and integrity of the electronic medical record.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with team members, operational managers, colleagues, clinical providers (physicians, nurses, etc.) and stakeholders to analyze problems and propose recommended solutions that meet both business and technical needs.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of pc systems, including knowledge of MS Office
Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio software. Advanced skills in Excel and Access preferred.
- Prefer a working knowledge of Crystal Reports and ability to create SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical Coding, Medical, EMR, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare