Implements invasive patient care under the license/supervision of the medical staff.
Implements and assists with technical or invasive patient care procedures under the direct training of a registered nurse. Administers medications as per hospital and nursing policies and procedures under the license of the medical staff.
1. Competent in clinical skills required of Paramedic.
2. Effective interpersonal relationship skills.
3. Effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
5. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
6. Ability to function effectively in a challenging environment.
A. Work Experience
No previous work experience required.
1. Current National or Texas Paramedic license.
2. Current CPR training program.
3. Completion of ACLS within 6 months of being in the position.
4. PHTLS preferred.
C. Education and Training
1. Completion of approved emergency medical technician course paramedic level.
2. Completion of training on performance of 12-lead EKG within three months of hire.
D. Continuing Education
Documents a total of 120 contact hours within the four-year certification period.
El Paso, Texas, United States
Full - time