Performs a wide range of cardiac interventional procedures with X-rays and angiograms and assists the cardiovascular physician by inserting small catheters through needles for the purpose of diagnosing cardiac disease and heart functionality. Knowledgeable regarding the Joint Commission (TJC) and Radiology standards.
Assists in the development and monitoring of department-specific systems and in the coordination of activities that improve the quality of patient care in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Utilizes previous experience in the development of a performance improvement program for the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Is familiar with data analysis for the purpose of benchmarking. Works in collaboration with Cardiovascular Medical Director for the purpose of performance improvement data collection and presentation.
1. Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
2. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
4. Technically competent in tasks within the scope of practice of a Diagnostic Radiology Technologist.
5. Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
6. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
7. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
Two years of experience in Cardiac Catherization, Interventional Radiology or Neuro Intervention required.
Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) with Registered Technologist (R) (ARRT) required, or
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) required.
Current CPR required.
Education and Training:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree of Applied Sciences in Radiology preferred.
El Paso, Texas, United States
Full - time