Critical Care Float Pool RN - 36 hrs/wk, 7p-7a
36 hrs/wk 1845-0715
Float Pool (Resource Management and Professional Development)
35 Medical Center Parkway
Augusta, Maine, 04330
MaineGeneral Health is a leading health care system that is proud of the culture of excellence, compassion and collaboration that extends to our patients and their families. We are committed to attracting talented, ambitious people who share our values and strive to provide excellent customer service. We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Float Pool as a Critical Care Float nurse. If you have a passion for service excellence…we want to hear from you!
This position is 36 hours per week on nights (6:45p-7:15a) and requires weekend & holiday rotation. Position will require work on various nursing units such as med/surg, CCU, and ED… including cross-campus per floating policy.
• Opportunity to work in many different acute settings within the facility
• State of the Art facilities: Talented and Dedicated Staff
• Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability options
• Retirement savings with potential for employer match
• Generous Earned Time Program
• Loan reimbursement opportunities for Bachelors prepared RNs
• Continuing Education Opportunities/Tuition Reimbursement
• Robust Employee Wellness Program
• Growth opportunities within the organization
• Dedication to employee safety, wellness and work/life balance
• Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
• Evaluates learning needs of patient and provides patient education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
• Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Active Maine RN licensure or ability to obtain same in a timely fashion, required
• At least 1 year of RN experience in CCU or ED, required
• Willingness to cross-train to many departments and achieve & maintain multiple competencies
• Excellent teamwork, communication and collaboration skills
• Proven and demonstrated critical thinking skills
• Drive and determination to support the health and wellness of the communities we serve
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic, are encouraged to apply.