Responsible for all CT/MRI exams requiring high levels of complexity, experience and expertise, including but not limited to imaging, interventional and computerized reconstruction. Operates the Computed Tomography and MRI equipment, performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgement, ingenuity, and initiative, and assumes responsibility for patients within this area. This position will be responsible for overseeing the cross-training program. This position is responsible for after hours rotating call for emergency procedures. Completes job duties and serves customers efficiently and resourcefully to result in customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness. This position requires age related competencies. Performs all other job duties as assigned.
Lead Technologist: Responsible for scheduling of CT/MR personnel, equipment repairs and equipment maintenance. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
* Positions and transfers patients in a timely manner maintaining at all times the safety of the patients and their physical requirements;
* Develops film by automatic processing utilizing a knowledge of this equipment;
* Utilizes surgical techniques as needed in performing sterile procedures;
* Properly identifies all patients using their hospital armband before starting their examination;
* Assists in equipment calibration and quality control performing each test in a timely manner;
* Administers radiographic contrast according to the request of the physician and the departmental policy and procedure manual;
* Evaluates when radiologist should be consulted on the administration of contrast media;
* Completes initial IV set-up prep for IV insertion for CT/MRI Scan including: IV Prep, IV Insertion, and IV positioning to secure utilization for proper aseptic technique;
* Assists as directed, in emergency procedures demonstrating knowledge of the proper skills required.
* Plans and coordinates patient scheduling, employee shift scheduling, ordering of supplies,
* Reviews protocols and ensures they are up to date,
* Conducts employee evaluations and disciplinary actions,
* Ensures equipment calibration by performing quality control tests according to established procedures and frequency schedule.
* Provides instruction and technical assistance to the CT/MRI Technologist concerning the operation of the equipment.
Reports to: CT/MRI Lead Technologist
Accountable for: Satisfactory attendance by regularly reporting to work for scheduled shift, clocking in at scheduled start time, completing assigned duties in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner. Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Lead Technologist: Operations Manager
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Exposed to moveable tables and film bins, needles, chemical fumes from processors while developing radiographs, radiation, patients with contagious diseases, and electrical equipment. Exposed occasionally to odors, blood, chemical irritation, a variety of constant interruptions, and inclement weather and traffic conditions during call backs; may work erratic hours and overtime.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Current Computed Tomography OR Magnetic Resonance Imaging certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
* If candidate has Computed Tomography certification, Magnetic Resonance Imaging certification must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
*If candidate has Magnetic Resonance Imaging certification, Computed Tomgraphy certification must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
*Current CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
* Must be able to communicate effectively (Verbal/Written).
Occasional Part Time