The University Hospitals William T. Dahms Clinical Research Unit (CRU) is looking for a patient-centered registered nurse to translate their best clinical practice experience to the clinical research environment. The CRU is a fast-paced, customer-focused clinical research unit serving more than 250 adult and pediatric Phase I – IV clinical research protocols annually, with an emphasis in Oncology. This individual will join a nursing team that provides excellent direct patient care and research documentation in alignment with the strategic vision of the unit and ensuring a pleasant research environment for research subjects and study teams with attention to customer service and quality.
Provides safe efficient age specific nursing care to patients and families using the nursing process in order to assist them to attain, maintain, regain, and sustain optimal health status. Dimensions are:
• Implements the nursing process by delivering effective relationship based nursing care.
• Demonstrates technical skills in care delivery that result in safe practice and positive care outcomes.
• Demonstrates clear communication and effective collaboration to optimize patient care and clinical operations.
• Develops self and contributes to the professional practice of nursing.
• Displays leadership that influences optimal clinical and operational outcomes.
Bachelor Degree in Nursing, BSN RN - Registered Nurse Current BLS Provider Certification, issued by the American Heart Association, must be obtained during Nursing Orientation.
Preferred Qualifications: Strongly prefer Chemo therapy and oncology experience