The Med-Psych Unit is a dedicated location and specialized model for care of patients with co-occurring medical and psychiatric or behavioral health care needs.
Provides safe efficient age specific nursing care to patients and families using the nursing process in order to assist them to attain, maintain, regain, and sustain optimal health status. Dimensions are:
• Implements the nursing process by delivering effective relationship based nursing care.
• Demonstrates technical skills in care delivery that result in safe practice and positive care outcomes.
• Demonstrates clear communication and effective collaboration to optimize patient care and clinical operations.
• Develops self and contributes to the professional practice of nursing.
• Displays leadership that influences optimal clinical and operational outcomes
A minimum of 1 year experience as a licensed RN required.
Diploma in Nursing or an Associate in Science Degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program. Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
Current BLS Provider Certification, issued by the American Heart Association, must be obtained during Nursing Orientation.
Hours: PT 24 hrs/week; Nights and rotating weekends and holidays..*Sign-on bonus is available to nurses with more than 1 year of RN experience and not currently working at a UH facility.
Experienced nurses with Associate Degrees/Diploma in Nursing will commit at the time of hire to complete a Bachelor’s of Science Degree (BSN) or higher in nursing within 5 years of hire.