The Staffing Coordinator functions as a support person for the Director of Nursing to coordinate and organize administrative processes to facilitate the hiring/staffing of nursing personnel. Manages candidate's applications, and ensures all applicable documentation is completed. Communicates, coordinates, and facilitates adequate staffing of all nursing units under the supervision of the Director of Nursing. Functions as resource for Mental Health Technicians/Milieu Managers and schedules education/orientation of procedures and protocols of technical duties for such. Collaborates with nursing personnel to ensure effective, safe operations/staffing of unit activities. Facilitates communication between unit staff and Nursing Director. Trends personnel actions/activities. Assists with report development, graphing, and documentation of information within the nursing department. Demonstrates age specific and cultural sensitivity towards internal and external customers. All duties to be done in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal and State regulations, Oceans Behavioral Mission, policies and procedures, and Performance Improvement standards.Essential Functions:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Facilitates nursing staff coverage for all units/programs for the organization; performs evaluation of nursing staffing needs throughout all facility programs/units; responsible for communicating staffing needs with all nursing personnel to evaluate all availability; coordinates with other department's coverage of MHT/Driver's schedules to meet facility needs.
- Collects and communicates all special time requests from nursing personnel to the Director of Nursing.
- Tracks and trends attendance, requested absences, call-in's, alternative coverage arrangements and communicates same to the Director of Nursing.
- With the direction of the Human Resources Department, assists with coordinating the hire process for all nursing personnel. Mentors, communicates, and functions as resources person for MHTs and Milieu Managers; assists in scheduling and conducting MHT orientation.
- Effectively documents, graphs, and reports demographics related to nursing personnel; communicates evaluation performance of MHTs and Milieu Managers to the Director of Nursing as needed; remediating as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of procedure/protocol changes and communicates such to MHTs and Milieu Managers; serves as a position back-up for all units as needed within scope of knowledge.
- Demonstrates knowledge of contraband, unit rounds/close observation, and safety issues to ensure a safe environment.
- Maintains contact/communication with the nursing department after normal business hours to improve outcomes of patient care; readily available to be on call during the evenings, nights, and weekends to ensure staff coverage.
- Assists with transcription and posting memos; maintains memos in memo log and tracks compliance with communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. College education desirable. At least 1 year experience working with psychiatric patients in an inpatient setting desired. Must be able to read and write.Qualifications/Skills:
Must be able to communicate effectively, be assertive in dealing with staff requests, and be highly organized. Demonstrates confidence and decision making skills. Computer literacy. Strong verbal and written skills. Must be flexible and responsible. Must be able to communicate knowledge in an educational arena. Must successfully complete CPR certification and an Oceans approved behavioral health de-escalation program.Work Environment:
Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries. This position can be high paced and stressful; must be able to cope mentally and physically to atmosphere. This person might sometimes experience disagreeable odors, sights and/or unpredictable patient behavior. Work requires spending approximately 90% or more of the time inside a building that offers protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.