The Director of Plant Operations will provide leadership by actively managing the housekeeping department, directing and supporting the functions of the Plant Operations department Environment of Care and all work related to the physical plant and ancillary systems, engineering, grounds, fleet management, Biomed equipment, security and safety of the hospital. This role performs inspections and mock surveys to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and has extensive knowledge of TJC, CMS and other regulatory requirements. The programs supported by this Department include hazardous materials, law and insurance regulations, buildings, grounds, equipment and occupant safety. All duties will be done in accordance with TJC, Federal and State regulations, the State Department of Health standards, Oceans mission, policies, and procedures. This role also provides guidance on construction/remodeling projects upon direction from organizational leadership. The Director presents a positive image of the hospital to patients, visitors, physicians and the public.Education/Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Facilities Management required; Healthcare experience preferred.
- Management experience in plant operations including EVS, Security, Grounds, Biomed etc.
- Knowledge of facility buildings, equipment and utilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in related area preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License required
- CPR certified