This position is for a Patient Access Representative I whose responsibilities includes ensuring all patients are registered in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with accreditation standards. Performs all telephone operations in a professional manner in accordance with organizational telephone etiquette. Communicates with medical staff, medical staff office personnel, other departments, patients, visitors and outside agencies, while maintaining confidentiality. The position reports to the Director of Patient Access.
1. Minimum level of Education: Equivalent to the completion of four (4) years of high school preferred. Completion of medical terminology course helpful.
2. Formal Training: Registration experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
3. Licensure, Certifications & Registration: None.
4. Work Experience: Basic computer skills with typing speed of 28 words per minute. Clerical experience required.
5. Quality: Consistently performs job duties at 85% accuracy rate or greater.
PRN positions available.