The Nutrition Services Aide is responsible for assisting in the presentation of patient meals and ensuring timely, efficient and professional delivery of patient meal trays. The Nutrition Service Aide is also responsible for ensuring proper cash handling procedures, assisting guests, replenishing and cleaning items in the café, preparing and serving food and beverages. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meets with patients to review new or changed diet orders, provides diet information, distributes specific diet menus, and explains the process for placing meal orders.
2. Assists in the preparation of patient meal service including tray assembly, tray delivery and pickup, special requests, and other patient needs.
3. Assists with taking patient menu selection; maintains knowledge of menu and beverage items.
4. Prepares in-between meal nourishments, floor stock, and cold food preparation as needed.
5. Records meal intake information such as percent of meal consumed.
6. Assists with dish washing, food line clean up, trash removal, general sanitation of kitchen areas and nutrition alcoves.
7. Sets up Kitchen for following shift.
8. Practices proper infection control and food safety standards; including but not limited to, hand-washing and personal hygiene.
9. Assists in the opening and closing of the cafeteria by preparing for service before and after meals.
10. Actively replenishes café items for guest availability, such as napkins, utensils, etc.
11. Accurately handles cash and/or credit card transactions; adheres to hospital cash handling policies and procedures.
12. Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
13. Assists with food preparation such as replenishing salad bar ingredients, making pudding and yogurt cups, etc.
14. Educates and informs customers about the differences among coffee beans, coffee preparation and brewing methods.
15. Prepares and serves beverage items consistently, such as coffee, lattes, etc., by adhering to all recipe standards.
16. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for infection prevention and food safety.
17. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
18. Protects patient/employee privacy and only accesses patient/employee related information as needed to perform job duties.
19. Reports areas of concern or potential violations to supervisor or other members of hospital leadership via established methods of communication.
20. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
21. Protects patient/employee privacy and only accesses patient/employee related information as needed to perform job duties.
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer
Part Time (Regular)